August 22nd, 2008 by pfischer
Mur Lafferty has released her novel Playing for Keeps for free as a PDF.
A free book? There’s no such thing as a free book! What’s the catch?
No catch. It’s free. But, Mur asks that if you like it you purchase it from Amazon.com on August 25. She’s making a run on Amazon and really needs us all to pitch in and help her get noticed. She, like so many others, has a book contract now. But podcasting novels are still a new medium for delivery and we need to show the publishing industry that this makes a difference.
Martha and I have read the PDF version multiple time. We help Mur by making the PDFs and doing layout and formatting. We also did a little editing. All of this was to help Mur make the best product possible. We bought the first version of Playing for Keeps when it was self-published on Lulu.com. And now we’re joining her for her run on Amazon and we’ll be buying multiple copies of Playing for Keeps as published by Swarm Press.
Mur has delivered countless hours of enjoyment and encouragement to the pod-o-sphere. She has also inspired and rallied people including me. It is not an exaggeration to say that if Mur wasn’t here I wouldn’t be either. I wonder how many other people to whom you listen, read, and watch are here because they were inspired by Mur Lafferty. I’m guessing the number is larger than you think.
So be ready to place your order from Amazon.com for Playing for Keeps on Monday August 25. Be there! Aloha.
Category: Author, Balticon 41, Balticon 42, Balticon 43, Book, Events, FarPoint Media, Freebie, Friends, Geek, News, Podcast, sci-fi |
Comments Off on Free Book: Playing For Keeps full PDF with bonus story- PARASITE AWAKENS
August 17th, 2008 by pfischer
This week the mighty Mur Lafferty and her beloved vintage Jim Van Verth join us to talk books, writing, publishing, and more.
- Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA for Paul
- Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout for Jim
- Ravenswood Cabernet for Mur
- Essential Mathematics for Games and Interactive Applications, Second Edition: A Programmer’s Guide at Amazon.com
- It was funnier the first time
- Mur’s first fiction novel is coming out from Swarm Press on 8/25
- Playing for Keeps at Amazon.com
- This week we experiment with asking questions from our followers on Twitter
- PROMO: Astral Audio Experience
- Jim’s Essential Math website
- Favorite TV Shows: for Mur, The Office and for Jim The Closer. Together: Heroes or Battlestar Galactica
- Heroes, feh
- Favorite books from childhood
- Dr. Horrible vs Playing for Keeps
- The News from Poughkeepsie
- The Piddler
- The games Jim would bring back from obscurity if he could: Liubo, Shuanglu, and Magic Realm
- MUSIC: Playing for Keeps by The Beatnik Turtle
- PROMO: Playing For Keeps experience. Join us on 8/25 to help Mur make her run on Amazon.com
Category: Author, Beer, BeerCast, Book, Events, FarPoint Media, Geek, Humor, Interview, Podcast, Wine, WineCast |
3 Comments »
August 7th, 2008 by pfischer
The force of nature known as Tee Morris and the irrepressible Philippa “The Killer Librarian” Ballantine join us for their last and best Double Trouble interview. Martha and I interview Tee and Pip about writing, life, and all sorts of things.
- Beverage roundup
- Black Adder
- Quantum Leap
- Don’t mess with the librarians
- PROMO: Christiana’s Shallow Thoughts
- PROMO: I Should Be Writing
- Cataloging duels of librarians
- Fear the weeding policy
- I AM Survivor Dad!
- “The dark goddess must dine on tears!”
- PROMO: Metamor City
- PROMO: Reality Break
- Tee Morris in a barrel
- Double Trouble (links galore)
- Free PDFs have over 50,000 downloads!
- Why haven’t they been Boing Boing‘d?
- Don’t whine Tee
- If you want me to post your PDFs you have to ask me
- If you’re going to buy, please do so on 8/8/08 on Amazon.com
- Getting voice parts for future podcasts of Digital Magic and Pitcher’s Pendant
- Tee and Pip talk about the plots of their upcoming books
- Pip and Tee trapped in the same body
- Erotica a la Carte
- Tee will be organizing live events at Balticon 43
- MUSIC: Girls, Skirts, Boots, Bikes by The Buck Brothers
Category: Author, Balticon 43, BeerCast, Book, Erotica, fantasy, FarPoint Media, Friends, Humor, Interview, Music, News, Podcast, sci-fi |
Comments Off on ADD Cast 061 – Double! No Trouble
August 3rd, 2008 by pfischer
Due to a problem with iTunes I have to put the link to Tee Morris’s book in a separate post. Please see the previous post for all the relevant info.
Category: Balticon 42, Book, FarPoint Media, Freebie, Geek, sci-fi |
Comments Off on Second Free Book – Pitcher’s Pendant
April 5th, 2008 by pfischer
This episode stars Sonic Boom, who’s real name has been bleeped many times because her father was too drunk to remember not to say her real name.
Guests include Tee Morris, Marc “Grailwolf” Bailey, Heather Welliver, Brand Gamblin and his girlfriend Allison
- Plug galore – It’s so annoying I’m not giving anyone links, so there!
- I Will Swallow Your Soul
- A little review of Farpoint Convention
- Erin Gray
- Sonic Boom thinks the studio has a revolving door
- Marc’s convenience store sickness
- Burger King chip
- PROMO: Stranger Things
- PROMO: Aliens You Will Meet
- Scott Sigler needs antibiotics: help him with his Infection
- Pimpage/Bell abuse
- More questions for Cthulhu
- Thank you for your service to your country
- Live Calls for Cthulhu at Balticon
- Would you want to see a live Hey! Want To Watch A Movie?
- Stop The Noise!
- Morevi spoiler alert
- Be on the lookout for J.C. Hutchin’s Obsidian
MUSIC: Shoot Him Down by Babylon Bombs
Category: Balticon 42, Beer, BeerCast, FarPoint Media, Friends, Geek, Humor, Podcast, sci-fi |
Comments Off on ADD Cast 058 – Bleeping Baby Names
April 1st, 2008 by pfischer
Joe Murphy touched our lives. We remember him on this, the one year anniversary of his death.
Show notes and original post.
UPDATE: [1/8/2011] The original file is gone. I’m sad. I’ll try to track it down later. We still miss you Joe.
Category: FarPoint Media, Friends, Podcast, Social Responsibility |
Comments Off on I Remember Joe – A Joe Murphy Memorial Fund Tribute
November 13th, 2007 by pfischer
Our star packed NaNoWriMo ( National Novel Writing Month ) and NaDruWriNi ( National Drunk Writing Night ) episode. Guest stars Tracy Hickman and Nuri Steinhauer.
Category: FarPoint Media, Humor, Interview, Podcast, Wine, WineCast |
1 Comment »
September 30th, 2007 by pfischer
We are joined by the Swiss Family Nobilis to review and discuss Princess Mononoke, Miyazaki‘s anime masterpiece.
- Yusuf The Wonder Neighbor
- Calls you never want to get when you’re on the other side of the planet
- Our LOL Cats Contest ( link )
- High Fiber Cat
- PROMO: Asian Variations, a free download album
- PROMO: Christian Ellis‘ The Sounds of Awesome
- PROMO: Better Late Than Never Podcast
- We summarize the movie Princess Mononoke
- What’s the hero’s name?
- We talk about how the movie makes us feel and how awesome it is
- FarPoint Media’s big announcement (Special thanks to Summer Brooks, Mike Mennenga, and Jeffery Willerth for their hard work)
- MUSIC: Black Heart off Asian Variations by MoShang
Category: Anime, Family, FarPoint Media, Friends, Humor, Podcast, Review, sci-fi |
Comments Off on ADD Cast 048 – Princess Mononoke
September 28th, 2007 by pfischer
FarPoint Media Press Release
FarPoint Media/Podango Partnership
We, at FarPoint Media (www.farpointmedia.net), a leader in creating, producing and distributing quality audio entertainment, are happy to announce that Podango (www.podango.com) has become our partner with a multi-station deal that will allow this new media broadcast platform to host all of our FarPoint Media podcasts and future vidcasts.
Read the rest of this entry »
Category: FarPoint Media, News |
1 Comment »